The Alabama Republican Party released its rules on 8/19 for becoming a delegate and for allocating delegates to the candidates.
The rules can be found here (pdf)
Here’s a summary:
- Alabama will hold its primary on March 13, 2012
- Alabama has 50 delegates (26 at large, 21 district and 3 automatic)
- If you want to become a candidate for delegate, you must apply by January 13, 2012 by submitting Exhibit B in the pdf above and a fee of $150
- In the form, you must specify whether you want to be a candidate for delegate from a Congressional District (3 delegates will be chosen per CD) or from the state at large (26 delegates will be chosen for the state)
- To become a delegate, you need to win the primary election among other delegate candidates in your CD or the state at large.
- Alternate delegates for the state at large will be elected by the Alabama Republican Executive Committee
- Alternate delegates for the Congressional Districts will be elected by the members of the Congressional District Committee for that district
Obviously it would be impossible to know all the supporters who run but if you do, please let us know which Congressional District you will be running for or if you will be running for the state at large delegate positions.
Original Source Information: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?311148-Alabama-How-to-become-a-delegate&highlight=delegate